Not-So-Divine Comedy

Adventures of an editor and freelance writer in NYC

28.2.06

Fun Game

First, put your playlist on shuffle.
Second, post the first lines for the first 20 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
Third, have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
Fourth, in a few days the answers will be posted.


I’ve been locked in your heart-shaped box for weeks.
Might as well have fun
Mama, take this badge off of me
I’m going to get my gun
Lately I’ve been feeling low
There come a day when you take it all with you*

I never dreamed in a million years I’d see
Please, please, please, no more melody
Watching the day slip by so fast
I was patrolling the Pachinko
Things just ain’t the same for gangsters
There must be some kinda way out of here.

I hurt myself today
I know I’ve been changed
I don’t want your big French fry
I hear you talking
Tonight the monkeys die.
I’m sitting in the crib dreaming about Lear jets and coupes.

You’re all I ever wanted but I’m terrified of you
In my happy home I barely breathe

*From the beginning of 'My Old Friend,' by my friend Scott's band 'East is East.' Unless you haunt DC9 and certain other venues around DC on very specific dates, chances are you won't know this one. But it did pop up on 'Shuffle.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home