Not-So-Divine Comedy

Adventures of an editor and freelance writer in NYC

11.11.05

Yikes

I glanced at the blog the other day and realized that I hadn’t updated in several weeks. The reasons are fairly straightforward, namely a combination of projects and social engagements that have made even taking 30-45 minutes to write an in-depth analysis of said activities an exercise in futility. The Monster project that dominated my life for eight months out of this year is finished but I haven’t seen hard copies of it yet; I’m participating in nanowrimo, the national contest in which you attempt to write a novel in a month; I just finished a piece on Riz Khan, and my interview with Ashley Judd went online; and if I’m not careful, I’m going to soon end up in the middle of another love triangle, two and a half years after I should have learned my lesson about such things.

And I’m nearly 25. Ready for the cliché of the Quarter Life Crisis, complete with additional navel gazing and drunken pronouncements to Ben that I’m adrift and floating in the existential black, which will doubtlessly earn me a well-deserved slap to the back of the head.

Which I probably won’t do; but it’s a scary comment on your life when the first 30 seconds of the trailer to Albert Brooks’ “Looking for Comedy In The Muslim World” seems exactly like a typical day at the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home